Ways to Help with Storm Recovery in WV
Posted by Mitzi on July 5th, 2012
After the powerful storms that most of West Virginia faced on Friday, June 29, many were left without power or water. Here are just a few ways you can help.
- Volunteer West Virginia is accepting monetary donations to support food banks. Monetary contributions should be written out and addressed to: Volunteer West Virginia Food Drive, 710 Central Ave., Charleston, W.Va. 25302
- The Red Cross needs volunteers to distribute water and ice in the Clarksburg, Parkersburg and Lewisburg areas. Contact Heather Foster at 304-539-1056 if you can help.
- A volunteer receiving center for those who want to help with Red Cross disaster relief is operational in Charleston. Please call 304-340-3650 ext. 1812.
- There is a command center open in Parkersburg to assist with shelter and feeding operations statewide.
- AmeriCorps members working with Covenant House in Charleston are looking for volunteers to assist with a Bottled Water Drive on Sunday, July 15. Volunteers are needed to help distribute cool drinks to the homeless and those in need. The members are also accepting donations of coolers, bottled water and ice until Wednesday, July 11. Donations will be accepted Monday-Friday from 8am to 4pm at the Covenant House Drop-In Center at 600 Shrewsbury Street in Charleston. Contact Sherra Cates at 304-344-8053 ext. 45 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Helpful Resources